Business, leisure luxury hotel brand earns more Forbes 5-Star Ratings in a single year than any other hotel brand.
2017 is a banner year for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. It marks the second consecutive year the hotel brand, loved by fans of luxury travel, has topped Forbes Travel Guide ratings with a record number of Five-Star Properties. How many have you stayed at?
Forbes Travel Guide has awarded a Five-Star rating – its highest honor – to 30 Four Seasons properties worldwide. The recognition marks the largest number of Five-Star ratings awarded to a hotel brand in a single year in the list’s nearly 60-year history.
Star ratings are awarded by a team of professional inspectors, who anonymously evaluate properties against up to 800 rigorous and objective standards. The guides' goal is to provide consumers like you the insight to make better-informed business and leisure travel decisions.
In the words of Forbes Travel Guide, its inspectors “travel the world to assess hotels, restaurants and spas against up to 800 objective standards.” Star ratings ultimately emphasize quality of service. Five-Star properties are defined as “outstanding, often iconic properties with virtually flawless service and amazing facilities.”
Forbes Travel Guide rates properties in 42 countries throughout the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, with plans to add the Middle East and Africa for 2018.
4 Four Seasons properties earned their first Five-Star designation this year, including Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay (pictured top of page), Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan (pictured above), Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest (pictured below) and Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel (pictured second from top).
The 30 Four Seasons properties that earned Five Stars in 2017 are:
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan
- Four Seasons Hotel Boston
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
- Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
- Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest
- Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
- Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
- Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- Four Seasons Hotel New York
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
- Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
- Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel
Forbes Travel Guide formally bestows the ratings at a Five-Star Awards Ceremony and Banquet in New York City on March 1, 2017.
Start your Trip!
With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway.
Discover the pleasures of the Gourmet Inclusive® experience. Relax in an elegant suite that includes 24-hour room service and a private Jacuzzi. Savor gourmet dining at seven extraordinary restaurants. Float on 13 swimming pools and indulge in spa services, including our popular couples massage classes. Then get ready to join in the exciting nightlife. It's all here and it's all for you in a place that doesn't just feel like paradise, it is.
Call UNIGLOBE Travel today and book your next Gourmet Inclusive holiday!
Everyone has a short list of items that can make or break a trip: the essentials. Bird of TravMonkey.com posted her list of 10 Essential Travel Items for Long-Haul. I would agree with most of the items on the list - foam earplugs for example, I can't travel without. You can pick up the soft ones that conform to the shape of your ear at any pharmacy and they can be a lifesaver.
I also second the "sarong" recommendation - it is probably the most versatile thing you can bring with you: blanket, towel, beach mat, pillow, scarf, dress - I've even used mine to create a make-shift bag to carry things.
I also would add to that list a watch. Often, if you don't have an international phone plan, you end up leaving your phone off during your trip to avoid roaming charges. Meaning no device to check to get the time. And on vacation, it's so important to be on time (getting to the airport, during hotel check out, etc).
What about you? What is your MUST HAVE item you always bring on your travels?
To create your traveller profile and help you with your travel needs.SIGN UP
Things we blog about
Places we've blogged about
- Alaska, Usa
- Anywhere, Anywhere
- Arizona, Usa
- Athens, Greece
- Barcelona, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Boracay Island, Malay, Philippines
- British Columbia, Canada
- Budapest, Hungary
- Cairo, Egypt
- Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Catania, Italy
- Cayman Islands
- Chicago, Il, Usa
- China, China