Let the waters relax your spirit as the warm sun rays make you feel alive again! Named as "Europe's Most Idyllic Places to Live" by Forbes Magazine, living in Patmos, Greece is most definitely pure bliss. The laid back pacing of daily life will give visitors enough time to truly enjoy the beauty and magic of the island.
Are you planning to pack your bags and head to Greece? Make sure you don't miss Patmos! Here are some quick facts about Patmos, Greece:
- We all know the Bible and we are familiar with the Book of Revelations. Unknown to many, the Book of Revelations was actually written in Patmos, Greece. When Saint John the Divine was exiled, he was sent to Patmos, Greece, which was then a place for criminals because of its inaccessibility.
- The monastery is visible from all parts of the island.
- There are four villages in this little island: Kampos, Chora, Skala and Grikos.
- The island has 63 kilometers of coast, making it perfect for a beach holiday.
- The only thing that travelers say to avoid are the ridiculously expensive cab rides in the island. Then again, the island is so small it's hard to get lost so you don't really need to take a taxi!
Are you ready for a blissful holiday? See the charming island of Patmos in Greece and experience life in this Greek island to the fullest by immersing yourself in the local culture.
For holidays in Patmos, book with your trusted travel agent!
Are you traveling to Barcelona soon? Although Barcelona is a generally safe city, it cannot be denied that it has a pickpocket problem at hand. But, do not let that stop you from seeing and experiencing Barcelona because it is truly a beautiful city. What is a tourist to do then?
You might have already heard that Barcelona was named the “Pickpocket Capital of the World” with 6,000 thefts per day on visitors. These robberies targeting tourists often happen in La Rambla where tourists often leave their belongings unattended as they try to find their destination on their maps and guide books. With a scene like that, it is no wonder La Rambla has become a ground for a lot of pickpockets in Barcelona. So as not to be victimized by pickpocketing or bag snatching, there are some precautionary measures that tourists can make to protect themselves when visiting.
If you are visiting Barcelona with a companion or a group, one person should watch the luggage while the other companions figure out where they will be heading. Better yet, come prepared by having an itinerary and instructions on how to reach your destination ready. That way, you do not need to stand in the middle of La Rambla trying to figure out where to go and your things wide open for pickpockets to take.
You do not want to let a pickpocketing incident ruin your vacation in the beautiful city of Barcelona. Be a vigilant tourist! Come prepared and protect yourself from pickpockets.
To create your traveller profile and help you with your travel needs.SIGN UP
Things we blog about
Places we've blogged about
- Anywhere, Anywhere
- Arizona, Usa
- Athens, Greece
- Barcelona, Spain
- Beiji, Indonesien
- Beijing, China
- Boracay Island, Malay, Philippines
- British Columbia, Canada
- Budapest, Hungary
- Cairo, Egypt
- Calino, Greece
- Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Catania, Italy
- Cayman Islands
- Chicago, Il, Usa