Business, leisure luxury hotel brand earns more Forbes 5-Star Ratings in a single year than any other hotel brand.
2017 is a banner year for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. It marks the second consecutive year the hotel brand, loved by fans of luxury travel, has topped Forbes Travel Guide ratings with a record number of Five-Star Properties. How many have you stayed at?
Forbes Travel Guide has awarded a Five-Star rating – its highest honor – to 30 Four Seasons properties worldwide. The recognition marks the largest number of Five-Star ratings awarded to a hotel brand in a single year in the list’s nearly 60-year history.
Star ratings are awarded by a team of professional inspectors, who anonymously evaluate properties against up to 800 rigorous and objective standards. The guides' goal is to provide consumers like you the insight to make better-informed business and leisure travel decisions.
In the words of Forbes Travel Guide, its inspectors “travel the world to assess hotels, restaurants and spas against up to 800 objective standards.” Star ratings ultimately emphasize quality of service. Five-Star properties are defined as “outstanding, often iconic properties with virtually flawless service and amazing facilities.”
Forbes Travel Guide rates properties in 42 countries throughout the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, with plans to add the Middle East and Africa for 2018.
4 Four Seasons properties earned their first Five-Star designation this year, including Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay (pictured top of page), Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan (pictured above), Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest (pictured below) and Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel (pictured second from top).
The 30 Four Seasons properties that earned Five Stars in 2017 are:
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan
- Four Seasons Hotel Boston
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
- Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
- Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest
- Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou
- Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
- Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- Four Seasons Hotel New York
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico
- Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
- Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
- Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel
Forbes Travel Guide formally bestows the ratings at a Five-Star Awards Ceremony and Banquet in New York City on March 1, 2017.
Start your Trip!
Crystal Cruises has deconstructed luxury cruise travel and put it back together again, re-imagined.
In addition to the luxury, small ships that put Crystal on the map, the new, 'All Things Crystal' includes river cruises, yachting, expedition cruises, and most breathtakingly: air cruises.
Imagine, a whole 777 aircraft made over as a 'cruise' for only 44 couples - that's 88 passengers!
BestTrip.TV enjoyed a conversation with All Things Crystal President & CEO Edie Rodriguez, who shared with us the exciting evolution of legendary luxury travel.
Start your Trip!
Happy New Year! 2017 is ramping up to be an exciting year of travel. So we thought we'd share stories about the hottest travel trends that are going to impact where - and how - you travel in the coming months and even years. What do we see in our crystal ball/ champagne glass?
Whether you're planning family, 'bleisure' (business/leisure), solo, romantic or couple travels, gal or pal getaways, from the uber luxurious to the economical, 2017 travel will be all about:
- Wellness and Adventure: Getting outdoors and being active, returning more healthy than when you left, doing something other than pounding pavement or cobblestones every day... visitors have more and more new, healthy and adventurous (not necessarily dangerous!) ways to experience destinations.
- Cuba: Travel to Cuba has changed forever now that relations with the US are normalizing. If you haven't already been, there are even more ways to explore one of the world's last restricted travel areas.
- New Cruise Ships: Ocean or river, luxury or expedition, new cruise ships, with itineraries, designs, amenities, activities and celebrity entertainment or culinary partnerships that battle to outdo each other just keep on coming! What WILL they do next on a ship? We'll keep you abreast of all the latest developments. If you're one of the last few people who still thinks cruising is about 'blue hair and buffets', you should take a look at the latest generation of cruise ships... and passengers. There really is a cruise out there for every traveler.
- Celebrations: Canada commemorates its 150th birthday in 2017, and it's also riding a wave at the top of nearly every 'best place to travel' list. Did you know as many Americans travel to Canada every year as go to all of Europe? And with the dollar and other considerations, it's never been a better year for vacationing close to home. So throughout 2017, we're going to share some of our favorite stories about Canada to inspire your travels.
- Local and authentic: Local food, local artisans... everyone is looking for authentic, local production, creation, and consumption. There's a global awareness that we're all looking to be more connected with each other and the items we consume. Products with provenance and people with passion and rejuvenated cities and neighbourhoods. There's more and more of it out there to discover.
- Connecting: Staying connected with those at home, and connecting with the people, Nature, and wildlife where you're traveling.
- Customization: It's never been easier to work with a travel expert to craft a trip of your dreams. In the past, it may have been harder to tweak a trip to get exactly what you want, but a new age of crafting travel itineraries is upon us, at every price point. If you're just saying 'yes' and dropping down your credit card, you're missing out.
We want to inspire your travel imagination in 2017... and then make those dreams come true!
So we're also introducing BestTrip.TV - an 'online travel TV station' with inspiring videos you can watch right here on our web site (click on BestTrip.TV on our home page). We'll be sharing BestTrip.TV videos throughout the year.
Safe and memorable travels in 2017!
Everyone has a short list of items that can make or break a trip: the essentials. Bird of TravMonkey.com posted her list of 10 Essential Travel Items for Long-Haul. I would agree with most of the items on the list - foam earplugs for example, I can't travel without. You can pick up the soft ones that conform to the shape of your ear at any pharmacy and they can be a lifesaver.
I also second the "sarong" recommendation - it is probably the most versatile thing you can bring with you: blanket, towel, beach mat, pillow, scarf, dress - I've even used mine to create a make-shift bag to carry things.
I also would add to that list a watch. Often, if you don't have an international phone plan, you end up leaving your phone off during your trip to avoid roaming charges. Meaning no device to check to get the time. And on vacation, it's so important to be on time (getting to the airport, during hotel check out, etc).
What about you? What is your MUST HAVE item you always bring on your travels?
To create your traveller profile and help you with your travel needs.SIGN UP
Things we blog about
Places we've blogged about
- All places
- Alaska, Usa
- Anywhere, Anywhere
- Arizona, Usa
- Athens, Greece
- Barcelona, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Boracay Island, Malay, Philippines
- British Columbia, Canada
- Budapest, Hungary
- Cairo, Egypt
- Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Catania, Italy
- Cayman Islands
- Chicago, Il, Usa
- China, China